||2023 Health Equity Research Intensive
||All sessions will be online, except 9/20 workshop (in-person)
- UNC Center for Health Equity Research
Must register before this date
For more information, contact the event administrator:
Sorry, This event has expired
About the 2023 Health Equity Research Intensive
The UNC Center for Health Equity Research's (CHER) Health Equity Research Intensive (HERI) is a unique opportunity to join others to learn how to design more inclusive health equity research projects. HERI will introduce you to research methods and tools that emphasize partnership and engagement across all stages of research, from idea conception to budgeting to dissemination. Participating in HERI will equip attendees to effectively center equity in their work. This three-day intensive aligns with the center's mission by creating space for community leaders, health care professionals, faculty, staff, and students to learn and apply new tools for inclusive health equity research. HERI connects partnership and engagement with innovative approaches and methods. HERI ultimately seeks to help participants understand their role in addressing important questions related to health disparities and health equity. It will also help researchers develop skills to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships with communities that will lead to the improvement of the health and lives of communities historically excluded from research benefits. A special feature of this year's Health Equity Research Intensive is a bonus session - a collaborative workshop on Day 3 where attendees will explore approaches and strategies to strengthen and sustain partnerships in health research. Through interactive activities and small group breakouts, attendees will have opportunity to learn, share and, most importantly, connect with others who are committed to advancing health equity and authentic community partnership through their work. Days 1 and 2 sessions are virtual. The Day 3 Co-Lab(orative) Workshop is in-person at UNC Campus, Carolina Union Room 3206 AB. For more details, such as the agenda and session descriptions, visit go.unc.edu/HERI2023
About this registration
- The registration deadline is has been extended to Wednesday, September 13.
- This registration should be used by all non-student attendees and students who plan on attending the full intensive.
- There is a specific registration for student participants attending individual sessions only which can be found at https://go.unc.edu/HERI2023StudentRegistration.
- For HERI, there are two types of sessions - ones for all attendees and tracked, concurrent sessions. Please select your preferred tracked sessions as you complete the registration process. We will follow up to confirm session selections.