Thank you for registering for AFIRM Module: Scripting for 2 Continuing Education units (CEs).
This online self-paced module is designed for professionals who work with and/or support autistic learners and their families in a variety of learning environments.
In this AFIRM module, based on the 2014 NPDC EBP Report, professionals will learn basic information about this practice, as well as how to plan for, use, and monitor this practice.
This practice is included with Prompting
and Visual Supports
in the 2020 NCAEP EBP Report. Prompting is verbal, gestural, or physical assistance given to learners to support them in acquiring or engaging in a targeted behavior or skill. Visual Supports is a visual display that supports the learner engaging in a desired behavior or skills independent of additional prompts.
In this AFIRM module, Scripting
is a visual or auditory cue that supports learners to initiate or sustain communication with others.
- Any computer with high-speed internet access
- Create a free AFIRM user account (afirm.fpg.unc.edu)
- Complete the Prompting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Reinforcement module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Visual Supports module prior to taking this module.
- This module is designed for individual participants.
- Upon AFIRM account creation, each participant will have unlimited access to all AFIRM modules and resources.
- In order to recieve your CEU Certificate, be sure you have
- Completed the module content
- Scored at least 70 in the post assessment
- Completed a module evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee for this module is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Have your credit card information on hand before you continue with this registration. Only VISA or MasterCard accepted.
NOTE: If you have found this course through the UNC Event Registration System, you will need to go to the AFIRM website (afirm.fpg.unc.edu) to register and take the Scripting module. Once you complete the module, you will have the option to pay for the CEUs through the UNC Event Registration System.
SAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Within 45 days of receipt of payment, after confirmation of completion of module requirements, your 2 CEUs certificate for AFIRM Module: Scripting from AFIRM will be emailed to you.
Please ensure that we have your full legal name, a valid email, and your BCBA membership number. This information is needed for the CEU Certificate.
If you have questions about registering or obtaining your CEUs, please email the AFIRM Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org