Thank you for registering for AFIRM Module: Response Interruption/Redirection for 2 Continuing Education units (CEs).
This online self-paced module is designed for professionals who work with and/or support autistic learners and their families in a variety of learning environments.
In this AFIRM module, Response Interruption & Redirection
, professionals will learn the basics of this practice, as well as how to plan for, use, and monitor the evidence-based practice. Response Interruption & Redirection is the introduction of a prompt, comment, or other distractors when an interfering behavior is occurring that is designed to divert the learner’s attention away from the interfering behavior and results in its reduction.
- Any computer with high-speed internet access
- Create a free AFIRM user account (afirm.fpg.unc.edu)
- Complete the Functional Behavior Assessment module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Prompting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Reinforcement module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Extinction module prior to taking this module.
- This module is designed for individual participants.
- Upon AFIRM account creation, each participant will have unlimited access to all AFIRM modules and resources.
- In order to recieve your CE Certificate, be sure you have
- Completed the module content
- Scored at least 70 in the post assessment
- Completed a module evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee for this module is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Have your credit card information on hand before you continue with this registration. Only VISA or MasterCard accepted.
NOTE: If you have found this course through the UNC Event Registration System, you will need to go to the AFIRM website (afirm.fpg.unc.edu) to register and take the Response Interruption/Redirection module. Once you complete the module, you will have the option to pay for the CEs through the UNC Event Registration System.
SAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Within 45 days of receipt of payment, after confirmation of completion of module requirements, your 2 CEs certificate for AFIRM Module: Response Interruption/Redirection from AFIRM will be emailed to you.
Please ensure that we have your full legal name, a valid email, and your BCBA membership number. This information is needed for the CE Certificate.
If you have questions about registering or obtaining your CEs, please email the AFIRM Team at: email@example.com