Thank you for registering for AFIRM Module: Peer-mediated Instruction & Intervention for 2 Continuing Education units (CEs).
This online self-paced module is designed for professionals who work with and/or support autistic learners and their families in a variety of learning environments.
In this AFIRM module, based on the 2014 NPDC EBP Report, professionals will learn basic information about this evidence-based practice, as well as how to plan for, use, and monitor this practice.
This practice has been expanded to include Structured Play Groups
in the 2020 NCAEP EBP Report as Peer-Based Instruction & Intervention
which is an intervention in which peers directly promote autistic children’s social interactions and/or other individual learning goals, or the teacher/other adult organizes the social context (e.g. play groups, social network groups, recess) and when necessary provides support (e.g., prompts, reinforcement) to the autistic children and their peer to engage in social interactions.
- Any computer with high-speed internet access
- Create a free AFIRM user account (afirm.fpg.unc.edu)
- Complete the Prompting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Reinforcement module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Modeling module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Scripting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Social Skills Training module prior to taking this module.
- This module is designed for individual participants.
- Upon AFIRM account creation, each participant will have unlimited access to all AFIRM modules and resources.
- In order to recieve your CE Certificate, be sure you have
- Completed the module content
- Scored at least 70 in the post assessment
- Completed a module evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee for this module is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Have your credit card information on hand before you continue with this registration. Only VISA or MasterCard accepted.
NOTE: If you have found this course through the UNC Event Registration System, you will need to go to the AFIRM website (afirm.fpg.unc.edu) to register and take the Peer-mediated Instruction & Intervention module. Once you complete the module, you will have the option to pay for the CEs through the UNC Event Registration System.
SAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Within 45 days of receipt of payment, after confirmation of completion of module requirements, your 2 CEs certificate for AFIRM Module: Peer-mediated Instruction & Intervention from AFIRM will be emailed to you.
Please ensure that we have your full legal name, a valid email, and your BCBA membership number. This information is needed for the CE Certificate.
If you have questions about registering or obtaining your CEs, please email the AFIRM Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org