Thank you for registering for AFIRM NCAEP 2020: Response Interruption & Redirection
for .2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This online self-paced module is designed for professionals who work with and/or support autistic learners and their families in a variety of learning environments.
In this AFIRM module, Response Interruption & Redirection
, professionals will learn the basics of this practice, as well as how to plan for, use, and monitor the evidence-based practice. Response Interruption & Redirection is the introduction of a prompt, comment, or other distractors when an interfering behavior is occurring that is designed to divert the learner’s attention away from the interfering behavior and results in its reduction.
- Any computer with high-speed internet access
- Create a free AFIRM user account (afirm.fpg.unc.edu)
- Complete the Functional Behavior Assessment module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Prompting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Reinforcement module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Extinction module prior to taking this module.
- This module is designed for individual participants.
- Upon AFIRM account creation, each participant will have unlimited access to all AFIRM modules and resources.
- In order to receive your CEU Certificate, be sure you have
- Completed the module content
- Scored at least 70 in the post assessment
- Completed a module evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee for this module is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Have your credit card information on hand before you continue with this registration. Only VISA or MasterCard accepted.
NOTE: If you have found this course through the UNC Event Registration System, you will need to go to the AFIRM website (afirm.fpg.unc.edu) to take the Response Interruption/Redirection module. Once you complete the module, you will have the option to pay for the CEUs through the UNC Event Registration System.
SAVE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Within 45 days of receipt of payment, after confirmation of completion of module requirements, you will receive .2 CEUs for AFIRM Module: Response Interruption/Redirection from the Friday Center for Continuing Education. You will receive an email from the Friday Center with an FID number. To request your CEUs, use the FID number to login here: https://fridaycenter.itsapps.unc.edu/CEU/jsp/CEU_RequestOneLogin.jsp
Follow the instructions on the screen. You will have several options to receive your CEUs: US mail, email, and/or download.
If you have questions about registering or obtaining your CEUs, please email the AFIRM Team at: email@example.com