Thank you for registering for AFIRM NPDC 2014: Peer-Mediated Instruction & Intervention
for .2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This online self-paced module is designed for professionals who work with and/or support autistic learners and their families in a variety of learning environments.
In this AFIRM module, based on the 2014 NPDC EBP Report, professionals will learn basic information about this evidence-based practice, as well as how to plan for, use, and monitor this practice.
This practice has been expanded to include Structured Play Groups
in the 2020 NCAEP EBP Report as Peer-Based Instruction & Intervention
which is an intervention in which peers directly promote autistic children’s social interactions and/or other individual learning goals, or the teacher/other adult organizes the social context (e.g. play groups, social network groups, recess) and when necessary provides support (e.g., prompts, reinforcement) to the autistic children and their peer to engage in social interactions.
- Any computer with high-speed internet access
- Create a free AFIRM user account (afirm.fpg.unc.edu)
- Complete the Prompting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Reinforcement module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Modeling module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Scripting module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Social Skills Training module prior to taking this module.
- Complete the Structured Play Groups module prior to taking this module.
- This module is designed for individual participants.
- Upon AFIRM account creation, each participant will have unlimited access to all AFIRM modules and resources.
- In order to receive your CEU Certificate, be sure you have
- Completed the module content
- Scored at least 70 in the post assessment
- Completed a module evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee for this module is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Have your credit card information on hand before you continue with this registration. Only VISA or MasterCard accepted.
NOTE: If you have found this course through the UNC Event Registration System, you will need to go to the AFIRM website (afirm.fpg.unc.edu) to take the Peer-mediated Instruction & Intervention module. Once you complete the module, you will have the option to pay for the CEUs through the UNC Event Registration System.
SAVE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Within 45 days of receipt of payment, after confirmation of completion of module requirements, you will receive .2 CEUs for AFIRM Module: Peer-mediated Instruction & Intervention from the Friday Center for Continuing Education. You will receive an email from the Friday Center with a FID number. To request your CEUs, use the FID number to login here: https://fridaycenter.itsapps.unc.edu/CEU/jsp/CEU_RequestOneLogin.jsp
Follow the instructions on the screen. You will have several options to receive your CEUs: US mail, email, and/or download.
If you have questions about registering or obtaining your CEUs, please email the AFIRM Team at: email@example.com