|Event Title||NC Infection Control Curriculum for Dental Settings|
|Location||On-Line: Disregard the dates below.|
|Sponsor||Center for Infectious Diseases - Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology|
|Date||02/19/2019 - 02/01/2026||Event Price|
Title: NC Infection Control Curriculum for Dental Settings
Faculty: Evelyn Cook, RN, CIC; Associate Director, SPICE
Contact: Jennifer Hubbard, MHA, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Credit Approval Statement:
Course Description: Educate learners to ensure and systematically assess that their dental facility has the appropriate infection prevention policies and procedures in place to allow dental healthcare personnel to provide safe patient care consistent with the NC communicable disease rule .0206.
Cancellation: Registration can be cancelled up to 7 days from the date of registration for a full refund, as long as the first module has not been completed. After the first module is completed, no refunds will be granted.
Learners must complete the course within 60 days.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the current North Carolina communicable disease rules that govern infection prevention activities in dental settings
2. Discuss the infectious processes and methods for controlling infectious disease transmission in dental settings
3. Discuss the principles and methods of decontamination, disinfection and sterilization of equipment, instruments and water lines used in dental practices
4. Describe the principles of hand hygiene and asepsis in dental settings
5. Describe safe injection practices and the identification and management of outbreaks in dental settings
6. Restate OSHA bloodborne pathogen final rule requirements
7. Discuss the NC Medical waste management rules for infectious and non-infectious dental waste handling
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between The University of North Carolina School of Dentistry and the NC SPICE- Statewide Program for Infection Control & Epidemiology.
The UNC School of Dentistry is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. UNC School of Dentistry's term of recognition is May 2015 through June 2023. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the
provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp.
The UNC School of Dentistry designates this activity for 4.0 hours of continuing education credits.
Release Date: 5/1/2019 Expiration Date: 2/1/2026